Sunday, June 19, 2011

On Hafidz's Day

السلام عليكم

Today, we celebrate Hafidz’s birthday at a Fishing Center. Hafidz is my nephew, he’s 6 years old now. He’s smart and hilarious. The opposite, is Ia. We call her kaka Ia. She’s about 6 years old. Ia is also my nephew, but she’s from Jakarta. Her mom is my cousin, and she’s having holiday in Kediri now.

I’ve just realized that Ia, my beloved nephew is different from others. She never answers someone’s greeting, and also she’s easy to get mad. Actually, I was surprised about how Ia behaved when I met her for the first time after our last meeting several years ago.

As good as I remember, she was my lovely nephew, she was very pretty. Ia is a little girl with her fair skin, red lips, and beautiful eyes. When I made up myself, she was very interested in, following how I do the make up. She was cheerful and beautiful, she’s my snow white.

But today, I see something different with her. Why? What’s wrong with the princess? Her mom told me that she hates to enter the class and prefer to sit down on the school’s stairs, that’s bad. She hates when people try to take her picture also, she will get mad or even cry all the time. The worst thing she did was, she hit her sister chest, Ais. Ais just drank her drink, but she got mad and hit Ais immediately, ooh child..

Reviewing her childhood, since she was born about 6 years ago until now, I know what the matter is. Ia’s mom and dad are very busy people, her mom works in a bank, while her dad works in a company. Ia usually spends her time with baby sitter since her birth. In short, Ia needs more attention from her parents.

Related to my nephew’s story, there is a statement comes from Dr Terri Apter, the psychologist of Cambridge University says, ”Every baby was born without knowing how to control his/her emotion, they learn about emotion from their happiness and sadness.”

What’s the matter? The psychologist gives further explanation which says that mom needs to be more responsive, whether her attention for her child is enough or not. Apter also adds, ”A responsive mom doesn’t only know about when the attention should be given, but it’s more about giving a gap between mother and children relationships."

Back to my lovely nephew, all she needs is just love. She’s the figure that I don’t want to have in the future. Being a career woman is good, but being a good mother is better. I know my cousin has given her best for the children, but what Ia faces is something serious, even she needs a therapy for this. This suggestion is for me also, no matter what your job, no matter whether you are a housewife or a career woman, take care of your children. Because I ever found a housewife who didn’t do her job well as a wife and mother. Life is the same sometimes, it depends on how you face it.




Hafidz's b'day cake, please mind the destroyed cake, the children destroyed it --"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, June 19, 2011

On Hafidz's Day

السلام عليكم

Today, we celebrate Hafidz’s birthday at a Fishing Center. Hafidz is my nephew, he’s 6 years old now. He’s smart and hilarious. The opposite, is Ia. We call her kaka Ia. She’s about 6 years old. Ia is also my nephew, but she’s from Jakarta. Her mom is my cousin, and she’s having holiday in Kediri now.

I’ve just realized that Ia, my beloved nephew is different from others. She never answers someone’s greeting, and also she’s easy to get mad. Actually, I was surprised about how Ia behaved when I met her for the first time after our last meeting several years ago.

As good as I remember, she was my lovely nephew, she was very pretty. Ia is a little girl with her fair skin, red lips, and beautiful eyes. When I made up myself, she was very interested in, following how I do the make up. She was cheerful and beautiful, she’s my snow white.

But today, I see something different with her. Why? What’s wrong with the princess? Her mom told me that she hates to enter the class and prefer to sit down on the school’s stairs, that’s bad. She hates when people try to take her picture also, she will get mad or even cry all the time. The worst thing she did was, she hit her sister chest, Ais. Ais just drank her drink, but she got mad and hit Ais immediately, ooh child..

Reviewing her childhood, since she was born about 6 years ago until now, I know what the matter is. Ia’s mom and dad are very busy people, her mom works in a bank, while her dad works in a company. Ia usually spends her time with baby sitter since her birth. In short, Ia needs more attention from her parents.

Related to my nephew’s story, there is a statement comes from Dr Terri Apter, the psychologist of Cambridge University says, ”Every baby was born without knowing how to control his/her emotion, they learn about emotion from their happiness and sadness.”

What’s the matter? The psychologist gives further explanation which says that mom needs to be more responsive, whether her attention for her child is enough or not. Apter also adds, ”A responsive mom doesn’t only know about when the attention should be given, but it’s more about giving a gap between mother and children relationships."

Back to my lovely nephew, all she needs is just love. She’s the figure that I don’t want to have in the future. Being a career woman is good, but being a good mother is better. I know my cousin has given her best for the children, but what Ia faces is something serious, even she needs a therapy for this. This suggestion is for me also, no matter what your job, no matter whether you are a housewife or a career woman, take care of your children. Because I ever found a housewife who didn’t do her job well as a wife and mother. Life is the same sometimes, it depends on how you face it.




Hafidz's b'day cake, please mind the destroyed cake, the children destroyed it --"

No comments:

Post a Comment